Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Motivation

Motivation is required for so many things. I need lots of motivation for lots of different things. Sometimes my motivation has to be mental and sometimes it needs to be heard. Today I did something that required self-motivation which I thought I was lacking in. I surprised myself and got it done and did it with all the ability that I would have had if I was being motivated by someone else! So I'm sure you're dying to know what I did today.. Well good, because I'm going to tell you (I'd hate to disappoint).
So the beginning of the month I started a fitness boot camp and doing cross fit. I do boot camp on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and fill in on Tuesday and Thursday with cross fit. I love the feeling I get at the box (that's what you call a cross fit gym). The coaches and other boot campers and cross fitters are amazing with all the motivation that they give each other (including me). Well Last week on Friday we got Snow in Louisiana.. yup you heard me right, snow.. only down here they call it SNEAUX.. Haha!
So Friday we didn't get to do boot camp. Saturday the weather was bad still so I couldn't get to the box to make up my friday, so I ended up with rest on Friday, Saturday, Sunday (That's a LOT of rest days)- those 3 days were horrible.. I just wanted to sleep! Monday we were back at the box for Boot Camp (YAY) and we got in a great workout. BUT then on Tuesday, guess what happened? We got Sneaux again! Seriously- twice in 5 days.. what's going on?? Might be time to start stockpiling for the end of the world?
So we have a Facebook group for our boot campers so I said- can we have an at home WOD (Workout Of Day)and our coach gave us one.. it was a 20 minute AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible)of 5 push ups, 10 sit ups and 15 air squats. Seems simple enough right? The hardest part was going to be getting out of my pajamas and getting dressed and ready to work out- so I did it, went upstairs and got ready just like I would if I were leaving to go to the box.. then I turned on some music on my computer turned the volume up set the timer on my phone and I did it! When I had moments or thoughts of quitting I kept telling myself that it was only 20 minutes and after the first two reps I decided that I wanted to get 12 good reps in- so I set a goal (hard to believe I would do that right?) and near the end when i was getting so tired that I was doing sit-ups in sets of 4, 3, 2, 1 to finish my dog got up off the couch and sat behind my computer and started barking at me. At first I wanted him to shut up but then I realized that in his own doggie way he was motivating me like a coach- encouraging me? Maybe? Telling me to hurry up? Maybe? Not sure what his deal was but when I finished with 11 + 15 (11 full reps and 15 parts- I did the 5 pushups and the 10 sit-ups of the last rep, but didn't finish the squats) and I laid on the floor done (with a touch of rug burn on my bum) my dog came by and licked my forehead and went back up on the couch. I facebooked my coaches this picture- to prove to them that I had done my workout:
And you know what? I felt so much better knowing that I motivated myself!!

Do you motivate yourself? How??

No comments:

Post a Comment