Thursday, January 2, 2014

Working from Home

Some people leave their house to go to work- they set an alarm, get up, shower and get dressed have coffee and leave their house at a regularly scheduled time and return home later in the day at a different, regularly scheduled time. I envy those people… for real. They know what they have to do every single day- they know that on Monday Morning they have to go to work and what they have to do at their job. They have a schedule and a routine. I'm different. I work from home. Don't get me wrong I LOVE what I do- I love my job and I wouldn't trade it for anything. BUT I crave routines, schedules, plans, lists etc. (I'm a tad OCD- did you figure that out?) I try to create a schedule/routine/plan and list for my day-to-day life but I get distracted really easily (add in some ADD, maybe?) and if someone calls me and asks me to go to coffee or lunch on a day when I'm supposed to be working really hard at organizing my office, I will totally blow off what I was doing to be social! Then I come home and look at the disaster that is my office (no it's never all the way clean- ever..). Would my house be cleaner if I had a 9-5 M-F job? Maybe.. because I wouldn't be here trying to organize in a better way (all the while creating a bigger mess) But would I love what I do? Because doing what I do from home I love. I love the products, I love the company, I love my team, I love other consultants… And it makes me happy doing it… SO I know that I will always stick with what I'm doing- just wish sometimes that I could leave my house daily to do my work. And this makes me think that when we create our "Forever" House I will have an office built in my backyard so that every day I can leave my house and go to work- even if it's just 20 feet from the back door. In this Office outside my house I will have a dedicated phone line, and my entire mess of a business will be kept out there, outside of public view… I think of it as a quaint little cottage like this:
Or maybe this:
I can picture it now- I would go to work everyday come home for lunch and go back to work and come home to start dinner for my family… It would be perfect! That's something to look forward to in the future. For now goals that I want to focus on are getting a schedule of some sort going and keeping to it.. not getting distracted and not being interrupted.. that's what I need to do. So next week when you get up and get ready for work think of me and hope for my sake that I do my job and work my business the way that I need to.. and if you want to call me and complain about going to work- please do~ I promise that I'll listen objectively! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment