Friday, January 24, 2014

Where you were..

Do you ever sit down on a particular day and think of where you were a year ago on that day? Or where you were 2 years ago on that day? 3 years? I could go on and on- most of us don't remember days unless something significant happens on those days- for example, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I have quite a list of important days that I keep in my memory- most are birthdays, one is my anniversary, one is the anniversary of when I started my home based business, one is the date our boys came home, one is the date that our adoption was finalized, and several are the dates that my husband either deployed or came home from a deployment- which very strangely has happened each time on another date that is significant (or the day before or after). Sometimes I sit down and I think where was I a year ago today- and I will actually pull out my calendar from last year- I keep them for a while after they are done- to see what I was doing on that day.. Today is Friday January 24. It's the eve of my business anniversary! Tomorrow I will have been in business for myself for 4 years!! Last year on January 24, I have written in my calendar: that's right NOTHING.. I must have been still using one of my other calendars when this one started in January of 2013. I do know where I was 4 years ago today- I was at a party at a friends house learning about the business I was about to join! I didn't hold much hope that it would be something that I did long term but I am so glad it turned out to be something so amazing!!
Some days when I think of where I was on that day I feel very bittersweet- April 7th is one of those days- that is the day our boys came to live with us. It's bittersweet because not only were our dreams of becoming parents becoming real, but somewhere out there a mother was losing her children. A Grandmother was losing her grandchildren. Aunts and Uncles were losing their nephews. Our family gained 2 beautiful toddler boys while one family somewhere else was losing theirs. I can't help but feel conflicted when this day rolls around. I alway stop and think about our boys' birth family.
Other days I feel nothing but pure joy when I think of where I was on that day how ever many years ago~ My anniversary- I still can't believe it's been over 17 years since a silly girl married a silly boy!! :D I for one don't feel old enough to have been married that long! LOL
Some days are just sad.. I remember where I was on September 11th (who in my generation doesn't?) I was in bed- we were stationed in Hawaii. Steve was in the field, and my friend, Kim called me to tell me to turn on the news- it was about 3 in the morning (maybe 4?) I sat in my bed terrified as I watched the horror of the day unfold.
I have a thing for numbers, so I guess it's only natural that I would remember where I was on certain days. How about you- do you remember where you were on certain days? <3

No comments:

Post a Comment