Thursday, January 16, 2014

Push it to the Limit

So I like to push things to the limit when I'm passionate about them. Sometimes this is great but sometimes this can mean HUGE problems. Take for example- the first time my hubby ever deployed we had just bought a house- closed in early October and he left December 2nd of the same year. So I decided that while he was gone I was going to remodel/redecorate our house. It was for 2 reasons- 1st it was the first house that we had ever owned a house which meant that I had permission from MYSELF to do whatever I wanted to this house and 2nd it would keep me busy. So I had some friends who would come over and help or paint when I painted (I painted EVERY room in our 4 bedroom 1700 sq foot house except 1). I started in the upstairs, that was what our kids called "Man Land" Both boys had a bedroom up there, and there was a bathroom and then a huge bonus room in between their rooms which we made into a "living room" for the kids.. Our bedroom was downstairs, so the boys had free roam of the upstairs! I let both boys pick their "theme" and then just went with it.. Oh T, you want a dinosaur room? Okay, Let me take it to the limit and find only a bazillion dinosaur themed things for your room! Oh, N, you want an army room? Okay- lets find you some awesome Ammo Crates and camouflage bedding and we will take this theme to the limit!! When I say I took it to the limit- I mean dinosaurs were on the closet knobs, and the ceiling fan for N's room had a propeller-esque look to it. If it didn't match your theme it couldn't be left out when you cleaned your room either! I also while my hubs was deployed removed the entire landscaping from the front of our house and re-did it all with the help of some amazing friends and their kids!! Who knew the best way to move pea gravel (what was I thinking with rocks and 2 small boys??) was with your kids and your friends' kids and beach buckets!! We pushed it to the limit and got it all accomplished in just one day! So those are all GREAT examples of pushing it to the limit. Recently, on the day that the hubs left to deploy I had a moment of INSANITY.. where I once again pushed myself to the limit.. the day he left was supposed to be the day that I left to go to a convention for my business. Well with the flight dates ever changing as we waited for him to go, My trip was put in "Limbo" one day I was going, the next I was not.. so the day that he left was my "last chance" to go if I was going. I had already paid to go, so we took him to the drop off point, said our good-byes and I drove for 2 days to Indianapolis, all the while crying because he had left. Most of the pictures from that road trip I have my sunglasses on to hide my puffy eyes!! I was so exhausted when that trip was over because I pushed my self emotionally to the limit. Lately the limit that I've been pushing is my physical limit.. I have mentioned it before, but I joined a cross fit gym- It's probably my favorite place to be lately. HOWEVER yesterday I found out that I've pushed myself to the limit.. I didn't break- but I had the worst leg cramps in my life!! it was horrible.. So to combat an electrolyte depletion I am drinking that pedialyte stuff they make for babies.. and let me tell you- when your baby cries and won't drink it- know this- that stuff is NASTY.. GROSS... HIDEOUS... it tastes like thick salty water with some fruit flavoring in it.. seriously.. GROSS.. I drank 2 full bottles yesterday and am supposed to drink 2 more today.. why haven't they made electrolytes in a pill form? I'd be okay with that.. lol If anyone has given this to their kids and has a magic way to make it better (other than it being Ice Cold) please please please share!!! I'd so appreciate it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment