Saturday, January 11, 2014

Fears

I know that people are afraid of things, and that's normal. I also know that some people have irrational fears of things as well. I want to chat tonight about some of my fears or phobias if you will.. some of them are normal and some are just a bit silly.. I am afraid of snakes.. to the point that they make me want to pee my pants out of fear.. I haven't always been afraid of snakes, it started after we moved back to the mainland after living in Hawaii (where there are no snakes) when we came back I was extremely nervous of seeing a snake in my yard to the point if the grass moved in the wind I would freak out a little. The reptile room in the zoo is always a feat.. My kids think this is hilarious.. me not so much. I'm afraid of bridges. Not little foot bridges over a small ditch but the kind you drive your car over.. and it's not driving over the bridges, it's when you stop on the bridge and you can feel it move from the opposing traffic. That terrifies me.. to the point that I've cried on a bridge, threatened to get out of the car and walk to the other side.. (YES I HAVE... lol). I am afraid of failure (who isn't?) And last night I found out that I am afraid of a box.. not just any box but a wooden box.. in a gym that you jump onto. I was afraid of jumping up on that box to the point that I cried in the gym because I was so intimidated.. This is what that darn box looks like:
It's cute isn't it? BUT Jumping from the floor up to the short side (20") of this box intimidated me to the point of tears.. BUT I don't want to be afraid of this box, but I am afraid of it. I've decided that for the next week I am going to make friends with this box I'm going to love it to the point that it will let me jump up on it. :D That's my plan!! So tell me.. what are you afraid of? Do you have a plan to work on your fear??

No comments:

Post a Comment