Sunday, January 26, 2014

Things I miss..

When your hubby is deployed you miss a lot of things. Some things are very obvious, some things are things you don't think about until they are gone. I have quite an extensive list of things I miss..
Such as:
His socks on the floor.. Crazy I know makes me nuts when he's here, but I miss seeing them
Tripping over his boots.. yup another crazy one. Seeing those boots means everything is OK
His hugs.. No one hugs like he does..
His smell.. I was sleeping with his last shirt for a while but his smell is gone and cologne isn't cutting it anymore..
The smell in the bathroom after he showers- its a combination of soap, shampoo & shaving cream
Someone other than the dog stealing the covers (they are easier to get back from him than from the dog.. seriously)
GRILLED DINNERS.. my hubby is the Grill Master of this house.. I try but have no skills!
Having someone to talk to face to face- he's my best friend
His cleaning tendencies.. He likes to dust and do floors I do not.
Being able to pick up the phone and call him when I want
I miss finding his half drank cups of coffee all over the house- why he never finishes them I'll never know
I miss having to share the TV.. maybe.. ask me about this one when he gets home..lol
I miss other things that aren't blog-friendly too ;)

The longer we are apart the more things I find that I miss- I sure hope I don't have to wait too much longer before he's home.. Above all the other things.. I miss my husband. <3

2 comments:

  1. Its so true... and you put it in honest terms. Glad you share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U made me cry....its faith you're such a strong woman.....i admire you

    ReplyDelete