Sunday, January 19, 2014

Cleaning Frenzy

I have to admit.. I don't like to clean.. but I don't like a dirty house, so I guess I just kind of suck it up and go with it. The last 2 weeks I have let my house get to a place of not-so-clean (not NASTY dirty- but a "crap I should vacuum kind of dirty).. It started with working out- I was sore- it took a lot of effort to even think about cleaning, much less wrangle the vacuum, or the dust rag, or even the broom (who knew?). I vowed this weekend I would get my house back in order.. so I started Saturday with the laundry baskets in front of the TV that had to be moved to use the remotes (it was easier to move them then to fold I guess?). So I got the laundry tackled and started on this weeks laundry, which by the way has been making it's way basket by basket to the closets and drawers where it belongs :D YAY! I also convinced one of the boys to dust (which was done half-heartedly but at least it's better than nothing, right?). I vacuumed the Living and Dining Rooms and swept and mopped the front hall. I pre-cooked some of my healthy meal components (sweet potatoes and chicken breast) and cleaned the downstairs bathroom. YAY! I worked on organizing my office and did a little bit of dusting in there. This morning when I got up I stripped my bed and brought down my linens and they are currently washing in my yummy washer whiffs!! YAY! I love when my bedding is clean. I will have to wash the dogs since Cope sleeps on my bed- and if he's not clean then what's the point of clean bedding because he will just stink it up. I've been a slacker and my laundry is still sitting in my room (don't tell my kids) and I need to vacuum my bedroom and then.. GUESS what?? My house will be clean again!!!YIPPEE!!!!
Now if I could just get this cleaning frenzy mode in my system every other day or get myself some sort of cleaning routine or ritual that would be amazing!! When i look around my house and it's needing some attention it makes me miss my hubby even more- he's like a cleaning savant.. seriously.. I can run to the gas station to buy him a 12-pack of beer and come home and my house is so clean it sparkles.. I don't know how he does it!! And the parts of cleaning that I hate- especially dusting- are his favorites to do! We were really meant to be together just because of that right?
The boys bathroom even got the scrub-down this morning!! They were kinda mouthy so I used the bathroom as a punishment- You want to be nasty to me?? Come clean your nasty bathroom.. I should have taken pictures- I had them scrub it down floor to ceiling! Hopefully that will make them think twice about being rude to me.. I hope.. or they will just have a really really really really clean bathroom!! I think this is the first time I used cleaning as a punishment- but I think I would totally do it again.. Especially in that bathroom- I have them clean it daily- and I go in and sweep/mop the floor and wipe down the counters etc. but 2 teen boys can WRECK a bathroom in no time.. and no mother of 2 teen boys should have to clean up their WRECK should she? I've thought about hiring a maid in the past but I'm always worried about what she'd tell me about that bathroom.. like she'll charge me triple or that I'd have to buy her a haz-mat suit before she'd go in there.. lol Anyone else have teen boys? Do your bathrooms get that gross or is it just my kids?? A lot of times I am scared to touch the things I find in there- and why is there always enough tooth paste in their sink that 3 families of 5 could brush their teeth after my kids are done? (I guess I should be glad they are brushing right?) Todays fun find was 14 bottles of soap/shampoo in their shower in various stages of use.. yes I said 14.. I only have 2 kids. 3 bottles were empty (why they don't throw them away I don't know) 3 were bottles that they say they didn't put in the shower (I didn't put them there either.. weird?) and 3 that were doubles of the same soap... so I weeded thru the bottles while they were cleaning the shower- and they now only have 5 bottles in there- 3 soaps (different scents of Axe) and 2 shampoos (again different scents of axe). Told them that when those bottles were empty to throw them away and when all the bottles were gone to get one of the ones from under the sink.. geesh you'd think that was common sense right? LOL
Well I just heard my dryer sing so I need to go fold another load of laundry- and be ready to wash the dog.. he's going to be so mad! LOL Have a great day!! <3

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE: Bathed one dog (the other has her own bed and doesn't handle the stress of a bath well so I figured I'd leave her alone..
    Laundry is COMPLETE minus the last load that is in the dryer!!
    About to start cooking dinner! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete