Wednesday, January 15, 2014

But really, I don't like Kool-aid!!

Growing up as a kid in our house we drank Kool-Aid.. Grape was my favorite and in pictures of my childhood I often had a "Kool-Aid Mustache". When I got older we were allowed to drink tea and eventually Kool-Aid faded from my list of things that I liked to drink. But here lately I have heard myself proclaim that I've drank some pretty awesome Kool-Aids.. I know it's just an expression but still.. Right now I'm drinking from 2 different Kool-Aids.. The first, and the one I've been drinking the longest (almost 4 years) is for my business. I sell products for a home based business and lets just say that this Kool-Aid is purple and has some stars in it! It's the best Kool-Aid ever- joining this business was one of the most amazing decisions that I've made in my life. I've met so many wonderful people and have had the chance to travel to places that I most likely wouldn't have gone without it. I've also grown a team of consultants under me who I get to mentor and call my team (They mean so much more to me than just a team though). Even though I don't partake in the drinking of the sugar sweetened, artificially flavored beverage, I still proudly proclaim that "I drank the Purple Kool-Aid" (I even have a Shirt that says so!!). Lately I've dipped into another hypothetical pitcher of Kool-Aid. I'm not sure what color this Kool-Aid is, but I know that once I "drank" some I wanted more.. craved more, needed more, not sure which would apply to it, but it's (You probably guessed if we are friends on Facebook) Cross-Fit.. more specifically, the Cross fit gym that I belong to.. I've never had a gym feel like "home" or been a place that I was excited to go to each day. It's really crazy! But every day I get dressed to go without even thinking about getting dressed.. I get my things that I need for the gym ready while I'm still waking up- almost in a zombie-like trance. Even if I was considering not going- if I look around I notice that everything is ready for me to go. Once I get there, everybody knows your name (Yeah you just sang the Cheers! Theme song didn't you.. it's ok I did too!) Everybody cheers you on- it's not competitive (only against the clock) and if you need that extra push or slap in the ass to get moving they will make sure you get it! When you are completely exhausted and can only lay on the ground taking the deepest breaths of your life everyone comes by and tells you how awesome you did! Sometimes you get high-fives and sometimes you can't lift your arms to five back so you do what my friend Jessica does, and T-Rex it.. Yes that's her phrase- make sure you give her credit if you use it!! But most of all no matter how crappy you think you feel when you get there all of a sudden you look at the white board and all the crappiness goes away! (Now mind you I haven't yet seen the white board today, so I may have to re-think that statement later today). Oh yeah and along with both of these Kool-Aids came new acronyms that I learned.. (I'm not going to lie, I had to google what an AMRAP was, and ask what an EMOM was.. but Hey, I'm still new at this right?) What Kool-Aid have you drank?? Hypothetically speaking..

No comments:

Post a Comment