Friday, February 14, 2014

Conquering Fears?

So I know I wrote about some fears I have not too long ago BUT on Wednesday I reached my first step in conquering one of them! Remember that box that I told you I was afraid of in the gym?? Well I was able on Wednesday to get what I will call an "almost" successful jump- I got up but my feet didn't get all the way up so as soon as I was up I was right back down..
Today we were setting up our final workout of boot camp and one of the things on the board was to do burpee-boxjumps which is where you do a burpee (if you don't know what that is- google it..lol) then jump up on the box. One of the girls in my class was placing boxes for everyone (she's a sweetie!!) and I turned around and just jumped up- right up there like I was supposed to be up there.. then I tried again and I fell- backwards where I couldn't catch myself from falling (felt to me like slow motion) and didn't stop falling til I got to the wall- one of the coaches had this panicked look on his face and I just kept saying I'm good I'm good! LOL BUT then we started the workout and I started jumping up there like I'd always been doing it! I was still a little shaky and not getting good foot placement but my coach told me I was too far away and once I got closer I was up there hitting the middle of the box each time- I'm sure they weren't the prettiest box jumps ever, BUT I do know that I most likely looked like this girl- minus the shin slam- (PS why is she wearing flip flops to jump??)
http://youtu.be/Tm475nhXFn4
So that's one fear conquered.. now to make them prettier and where I can do more at one time- I did about 10 today :D

No comments:

Post a Comment