Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Who made Mother Nature so mad??

I'm not quite sure who pissed off Mother Nature, but frankly they need to apologize!
First let me explain a few things- I do not mind cold when I live somewhere that is cold. I am NOT by any means a hot-weather loving gal. I prefer the cold. That being said I think it is fine time that it warm up a bit. I say this for 2 reasons:
1. NO MORE SNEAUX DAYS!! (Yes that's how they spell S-N-O-W in Louisiana.. don't ask) Our kids have already missed I think 6 days? This friday was supposed to be a holiday but now is a school day.
2. NO MORE SNEAUX DAYS!!! LOL when we have sneaux days the box is closed (the box is the gym) and I hate missing workouts :( I have very little self-motivation to do a workout at home!
It's not just Louisiana that is taking a hit. But since I live here that's what I will tell you about lol. Tonight during dinner it started with some thunder then heavy rain and now they are expecting some ice to start soon!!
Here's what our radar looks like now:
And here is what we are expecting in just a little while:
I'm not sure I ever mentioned this before but we've lived at this same post twice. When we were here the first time waaaaaay back in 1997 we had a terrible ice storm- I'm hoping that this one is not anything like that one!! Back then we lost power, trees there was ice on everything and every where!
The bad thing about the winter weather here is that Louisiana is not equipped to handle this weather in long bursts- usually they get a cold snap for a couple of days and then it warms back up but this year it seems like mother nature is putting us into a deep-freeze. It really makes me miss living up north- at least there you expect it and when you hit 40 degrees it feels so warm!!
How's the weather where you live?? <3

No comments:

Post a Comment